When it comes to online marketing, e-mail smashes the ball out of the park.
Here’s what you need to know to convince you of e-mail’s incredible power:
- E-mail vs. Facebook? E-mail Wins! With 2.9 billion users, e-mail is nearly three times as popular as Facebook. If all the e-mails sent each day in the world were a cup full of rice, then all the Facebook posts sent in a day would be 10 grains of rice.
- Subject lines matter. The most powerful words and phrases for boosting your open rate are “Free Delivery,” “Sale,” “Alert,” “News,” “Video,” “Weekly,” and “iPad.” Want to damage your open rate? Then include the words “Monthly,” “Webinar,” “Report,” “Today,” and/or “Learn.”
- Subject lines still matter. Nearly half (47%) of e-mail recipients choose whether to open e-mails based on the subject line.
- E-mail turns coal into diamonds. For every dollar invested in email marketing, the average return is over $40 ($44.25, to be precise).
- Most people are e-mail addicts. Nine out of ten (91%) e-mail users check their email inbox at least once a day. Seven out of ten (72%) check it at least six times a day.
- Your e-mail subscribers spend more than other customers. 83% percent more, in fact. The lesson? Get your customers subscribed to your e-mail list!
- Mobile gives you the power. Two-thirds (64%) of decision makers check their e-mail by mobile device. By comparison, 55% of all email users check their messages on a desktop computer.
- Many of us are drowning in e-mail. Some 45% of people don’t open all their e-mails because they’ve got too much to read in their inbox.
- Your customers are begging to hear from you. Two-thirds (65%) of e-mail recipients have “very high interest” or “high interest” in hearing about online deals related to their shopping interests. Only 7% expressed “no interest” in hearing about deals.
- E-mails give you one-on-one access. The average American has 3 e-mail accounts. Even so, 78% of people receive most of their marketing e-mails direct to their primary personal e-mail account.
How much money are you losing because of poor website design?
Conversions are where websites pay off. You must see your site as your laboratory! If you're a blogger might want to gain more subscribers. If you run an ecommerce site you want more sales. Maybe you just need more leads for your business. Whatever the action you want people to take your job is to make it easy. Help them help you. This free report is the marketing glue you need to fix your funnel.