With 2015 just around the corner, here are some of the most remarkable Twitter stats of the year.
- The number of people using Twitter has increased by more than 50 million in the past year. The network now has over 270 million active users.
- In 2013, Twitter generated $716 million in Auto Sales. The best returns were on luxury model cars. For every $1 invested in Twitter marketing, luxury car brands saw a return of $17.80. That’s a return of 1,780%.
- Over 300 billion tweets have been shared since the network launched. 0.01% of these (32 million) were shared during the 2014 World Cup final. This is more tweets than were shared during any other single event, including the Superbowl.
- By 2015, one fifth (20.5%) of internet users in the US are expected to have Twitter accounts. This figure has grown from 15.2% in 2012, and is set to rise to 24.2% by 2018.
- Katy Perry (60 million) and Justin Bieber (57 million) each have more Twitter followers than Barack Obama (50 million). Lady Gaga is 6th in the world with 43 million followers, ahead of Britney Spears at 39.5 million.
- The average Twitter user follows five or more businesses. Over a third (37%) of Twitter users will buy from a brand they follow.
- Mobile users are more active on Twitter than desktop users. People with Twitter on their smartphone are 79% more likely to access Twitter several times a day. They’re also twice as likely to use Twitter the moment they wake up.
- Americans love to Tweet about what they’re watching. Between January and April 2014, 17 million Americans shared tweets about a TV show. In total during this period, over 361 million tweets were shared about TV.
- Three in ten small businesses have yet to join Twitter. What are you waiting for guys?
- YouTube is the most popular brand on Twitter, with 46.5 million followers. They’re ahead of Instagram (36 million followers) and Twitter (33 million followers). Facebook has just 14 million Twitter followers, less than the New York Times.
How much money are you losing because of poor website design?
Conversions are where websites pay off. You must see your site as your laboratory! If you're a blogger might want to gain more subscribers. If you run an ecommerce site you want more sales. Maybe you just need more leads for your business. Whatever the action you want people to take your job is to make it easy. Help them help you. This free report is the marketing glue you need to fix your funnel.