With over 170 million active users (and half a billion total users) – all of whom you can talk with directly – Twitter provides a torrent of prospects to fill your sales funnel to overflowing.
Whether you want prospects to subscribe to your blog, sign up to your email list, buy products from your website, or call you to book a sales appointment, Twitter’s the place to be.
Here’s how to build your funnel to tap into Twitter’s abundant streams.
1. Get yourself onto Twitter already! Two in five (42%) of Twitter users are there to learn about products and services, and half of those (21% of users) use Twitter to make purchases.
2. Write yourself a biography. Twitter accounts with a bio have, on average, eight times as many followers as those without.
3. Put up a photo of your smiling face. Profile pictures are even more powerful than biographies, increasing the average follower count by ten times.
4. Schedule tweets, frequently. Businesses who schedule tweets generate three times as many leads on Twitter as those who don’t.
5. Offer exclusive discounts to your followers. Over a quarter (28%) of active Twitter users log on to look for discounts and promotions.
6. Monitor what others are saying about your brand, and share it in your Twitter feed as a Twestimonial. One third (31%) of active Tweeters use Twitter to find opinions about products and services.
7. Track your clickthroughs so you can keep tabs on what works (and what doesn’t). When Dell joined Twitter in 2007, they took 18 months to earn their first $1 million from Twitter sales. By learning what worked, and continuing to build their following, it took Dell just 6 months to bring in their next million dollars.
8. Ask your followers to help develop your products. When Sony offered its followers the chance to build a customized laptop, they boosted their sales from Twitter by $1.5 million.
9. Create a dedicated landing page on your site for your Twitter followers. Use this page to introduce prospects to your brand, and pull them deeper into your funnel with an opt-in email list. Link to this page from your Twitter account.
10. Get your employees on Twitter and compete for the most followers (Zappos did this to broaden their impact on Twitter).
11. Retweet and favorite the tweets of potential customers and business contacts you want to make. Do this regularly, and you will get noticed.
- Hubspot, Companies That Auto-Publish to Social Media Generate 50% More Leads
- The Next Web, Evidence that Social Media Really Does Drive Sales
- New York Times, Dell Says It Has Earned $3 Million From Twitter
- Jeff Bullas, 6 Ways Zappos Uses Twitter to Increase Sales
- Hubspot, Can Having a Twitter Bio Get You 8 Times as Many Followers?
- Hubspot, Twitter Accounts with a Profile Picture Have 10 Times More Followers Than Those Without
- Edison Research, Twitter Usage in America (Slide 46)
How much money are you losing because of poor website design?
Conversions are where websites pay off. You must see your site as your laboratory! If you're a blogger might want to gain more subscribers. If you run an ecommerce site you want more sales. Maybe you just need more leads for your business. Whatever the action you want people to take your job is to make it easy. Help them help you. This free report is the marketing glue you need to fix your funnel.